Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saving

Willow tree in the breeze
sing to me with sighs and keys
to unlock doors best left shut.
Pull her from this well worn rut.

I thought she was growing
but it’s back to black.
Relapse I never saw coming,
and I’m sitting by the tracks.

She’s running from the
tangible, the everyday, the
world that bore her.
This life isn’t so bad.

Strong inside, but hiding it.
Leaving her strength under a
mountain of decaying excuses that
she’s been shedding for all these years.

I want to buy her freedom, but
no price can satisfy the demands
made by a heart so unwilling.
I want it, but she has to want it.

For her sake I’ll hold myself up.
I will set my heart in my mouth
and let loose light from within to
guide her back to the shore.

While I reflect on plans
she is spinning spinning so
violently into a sleepless frenzy.
What saves a cyclone, save serenity?

No comments: